Bicol Express Pork Chop Style is almost the same as the version of Bicols express. A native Bicol province delicacy. Minced pork in coconut milk with plenty of chilis that makes it so hot and spicy! Bicol Express Pork Chop Style, subukan at masarap ang kakaibang version na ito ng Bicol Express Pork Chop Style. Imbes na tinadtad na baboy ay gumamit ng slices of pork chop. Talaga namang masarap na lutong bahay! Ansherep..
Bicol Express Pork Chop Style
- 4 pcs pork chop
- 2-3 pcs small red chili (siling labuyo),
- 5 pcs long green chili pepper (siling pansigang), chopped
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 tbsp bagoong or alamang (shrimp paste)
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
*Cooking Notes: Tangalin ang buto ng siling haba kung ayaw ng sobrang anghang na ulam or may batang kakain.
- In a pan, pour cooking oil and heat.
- Once the oil gets hot, pan fry each pork chop for 1 minute per side.
- Remove from the pan and then set aside.
- Using the remaining oil in the pan, sauté garlic and onion, until the onion becomes soft.
- Pour- in the coconut cream and let it boil.
- Add the red chilis and green chili pepper then stir.
- Gently add the pan-fried pork chop back into the pan.
- Pour the water and let the liquid boil.
- Cover and cook in low heat for 40 minutes, or until the pork chop becomes tender.
- Add the bagoong/alamang then stir.
- Cover and cook until the sauce reduces and becomes thick.
- Sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper, if needed.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with rice and Enjoy!