Have you tried this Paksiw version with Ampalaya or bitter gourd slices. Simple, healthy pinoy ulam you can cook easily!
Paksiw na Bangus with Ampalaya
- 1 pc. of 1-1/2 lb of bangus (milkfish), dressed but scales intact
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup of vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- 1-1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 pieces of long chili peppers
- 1 pc. of small size bittergourd (ampalaya)
1. Cut fish into 4 or 5 slices and place them in teflon or porcelain coated skillet.
Note: Use the right pan for paksiw. It is important because the vinegar can react to certain pans made of undesirable metal that may affect taste.
2. Mix water, onion, vinegar, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl then add to the fish, cover, and boil.
3. After reaching the boiling point, add on long chili pepper & bittergourd then simmer for 20 minutes in a low fire.
4. Pour on a little of cooking oil and simmer for another 2 minutes, then turn off the fire.
Serve hot. Share & enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.