I am blessing you all with the best breakfast sandwich to ever grace my mouth. I present to you a homemade Monte Cristo Sandwich. With Two slices of french toasted brioche cover ham and melted swiss cheese with a layer of raspberry jam! I swear to god this is the best sweet/salty combo ever.
So if you really want to try this one, and some ingredients are not available, please feel free to substitute the cheese, mustard and fruit jam.
This sandwich recipe is easy and delicious recipe of ham and cheese. Kids ideal “baon” sandwich pack for school. Happy cooking and enjoy!
Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 4 slices thickly sliced white bread
- 4 slices deli ham or turkey (or both)
- 4 slices cheddar/swiss cheese
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 3-4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon/Honey mustard, divided
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- powdered sugar, garnish
- raspberry jam or fruit preserves, optional, garnish
In a wide, shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk together, and season with salt and pepper.
Assemble two sandwiches; mustard on one piece of bread, mayonnaise on the other, ham/turkey and cheese inside.
Put sandwich together and lightly butter the outsides of each piece of bread. (1/2 tablespoons per side.)
Melt another 1 tablespoon butter in a medium pan or skillet over medium heat and dip both sides of sandwich in egg mixture, pressing down to make sure it really absorbs mixture, and transfer to skillet.
Cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes, and then flip and cook other side for another 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Repeat with second sandwich, using remaining butter to grease pan.
Transfer to serving plates, dust lightly with powdered sugar and serve immediately with jam or fruit preserves. Enjoy!
Also check out our Beef with Corn and Mushroom:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Please subscribe to our daily recipe notifications.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
- monte cristo sandwich recipe with jelly
- monte cristo sandwich recipe with maple syrup
- monte cristo sandwich recipe cranberry sauce
- monte cristo sandwich recipe deep fried
- monte cristo sandwich recipe disneyland
- monte cristo sandwich recipe video
- monte cristo sandwich recipe with raspberry sauce
- monte cristo sandwich recipe alton brown
- monte cristo sandwich recipe martha stewart
- monte cristo sandwich recipe and procedure
- monte cristo sandwich recipe with strawberry jam
- monte cristo sandwich recipe canadian living
- monte cristo sandwich recipe bennigans
- monte cristo sandwich recipe rachael ray
- monte cristo sandwich recipe laura vitale
- monte cristo sandwich recipe baked
- monte cristo sandwich recipe pancake batter
- monte cristo sandwich recipe panlasang pinoy
- monte cristo sandwich recipe pillsbury
- monte cristo sandwich recipe from cheddars
Photo by @amane_c3