Learn how to cook Lechon Cebu the traditional way.. than cooking it in modern ovens. Nothing beats the aroma you get from wood charcoals and the aroma from fresh lemon grass and native vinegars. Try it today!
BONELESS LECHON CEBU
• 4 pounds pork belly (liempo)
• 1 head of garlic
• 1 medium size onion
• 3 stalks of lemongrass
• 1/4 cup coconut sap vinegar (sinamak or sukang tuba)
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Put ingredients in food processor or blender and puree.
2. Make about 1 to 2 inches thick slices lengthwise but not all the way through.
3. Pour in marinade mixture and mix it thoroughly. Let the meat marinade for at least overnight in the fridge.
4. Mix oil and the remaining marinade and use it for basting the meat.
5. Secure meat using butchers twine to make a semi round mini lechon form. Add wood chips from time to time, it will add authentic lechon taste to the meat.
6. Continue to baste and grill until the skin turns golden brown. Grilling time will take about 2 to 3 hours.
7. Best served with pork lechon sauce and sukang tuba or sinamak (coconut sap vinegar) and hanging rice (puso). Enjoy!
Try our Authentic Lechon Sauce Recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website. Happy cooking and enjoy true authentic Filipino food recipe!