Easy, tried and tested recipe of Chefs Maja Blanca. Best for any occasion and ideal merienda for the Lenten Season.
CHEF’S MAJA BLANCA
- 5 cups of coconut milk (dry ingredients cup)
- 2 ½ cups of evaporated milk
- 3/4 cups of white sugar (1 cup if you want it sweeter)
- 1 cup of corn kernel
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- Grated cheese for toppings
- Chopped nuts for toppings (optional)
- Bring to boil coconut milk in a stockpot over low heat.
- Simmer coconut milk for 10 minutes.
- Adding in gradually the white sugar and corn kernel.
- Dissolve cornstarch in evaporated milk and then pour in slowly and gradually to the coconut mixture. Mix well.
- Allow to cook while stirring until the mixture reaches your desired thickness.
- Pour the mixture in a serving tray then arrange and flatten the top using a flat tool such as a wooden spatula.
- Allow to cool down then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with grated cheese, nuts or raisins. Serve Chilled. Enjoy!