Want to know the secret to the best homemade chicken macaroni salad. Exactly, just like how your mom makes it.
First, its in the quality of ingredient you use. Use your trusted quality brand of ingredient. Make sure to chop your ingredients finely and it should all look uniform in sizes. The size of your cube carrots, cheese, onions, pickles should almost look the same in sizes. While, macaroni should be “al dente” and not saggy.
Second, how you prepare it. You need to combine the mayonnaise, seasoning and other small ingredients first. This is to get the taste you want before tossing it to the macaroni.
This way, it doesn’t mash your macaroni before you realize that you need to add a bit of salt. So bottomline you end up mixing it again and again. It ends up with a mashed macaroni salad.
Third, your food presentation counts a lot. Serve it in a beautiful serving bowl or a bed of lettuce. It makes any salad more appetizing and inviting to the eyes.
CHICKEN MACARONI SALAD
400 grams elbow macaroni pasta (cooked according to package directions; drained)
400 grams chicken breast (boiled and shredded)
822 grams pineapple tidbits (Large can)
1 cup pickles relish
1 cup cheddar cheese (cut into small cubes)
1 cup raisins (I used Mother’s Best)
1 large carrots, (peeled and cubed)
2 celery stalks (chopped and cubed)
1 large sized onion (finely chopped)
1/4 cup cashew nuts, chopped (roasted and unsalted), optional
500 grams mayonnaise, (I use Kewpie japanese mayonnaise, blue label)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large salad bowl combine first the following ingredients:
2. Mayonnaise, onions, salt, pepper, raisins, pickles, cashew, cheese, carrots, chicken and pineapple tidbits.
3. Toss and combine all ingredients until all flavors are incorporated. Adjust seasoning as needed.
4. Then lastly toss-in the elbow macaroni. This is to prevent the macaroni from being mashed.
5. Serve it chilled on a bed of fresh lettuce. Yummy!
You may also try our:
Thank you for dropping by our website. Happy cooking and enjoy!