These Strawberry Panna Cotta are great make ahead desserts for parties! If you’re planning to throw a special party, Strawberry Panna Cotta is the best bet. You don’t like cramming up in the last minute of your party. You just want to relax first, pamper and be beautiful before the event even starts. Strawberry Panna Cotta is easy to prepare and yet special! Its creamy and the fresh strawberries will make your party looks so festive as you serve it to your guest.
You may also try other fruits, like mangoes or pineapple! This recipe is good only for 4 servings, but you can just double up as required for the servings you need for your party.
Where to buy heavy whipping cream? For the heavy whipping cream, you can find it in major supermarket like SM and look for it in the frozen or fridge section (normally along the isle of yogurts and cheese). Happy cooking!
Strawberry Panna Cotta
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 ½ cups Anchor heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¾ tsp strawberry gelatin powder (bloom in ¼ cup water)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh sliced strawberries, garnish
- Prepare to lightly grease 4 small (4 ounce) ramekins (or simply use small dessert cups if you don’t plan un-molding the panna cotta).
- Puree the strawberries in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the cream into a medium saucepan. Pour in bloomed gelatin and sugar. Whisk it well to combine. Set over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the strawberries and vanilla extract. Divide the mixture among the ramekins or dessert cups and refrigerate until set, about 2 to 3 hours.
- To unmold, set the ramekins in a bowl of hot water for 15 to 30 seconds. Cover with a plate and flip over. Give the ramekin a good shake to loosen the Panna Cotta.
- You can also simply garnish it with fresh slices of ripe strawberries on top and serve the the Panna Cotta straight from the pretty small glass cups. Serve and enjoy!