Adobong kangkong is commonly called as apan-apan in Iloilo.
RECIPE # 1
- 1/2 bunch kangkong, leaves and soft stems cut (discard hard stems)
- 1/2 kilo pork strips
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/16 cup vinegar
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a pan, sauté garlic until toasted brown and pork.
Pour water, soy sauce and vinegar.
Bring to a boil.
Add kangkong and simmer in low fire for 2-3 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Stir and mix well.Transfer to a serving plate.
Serve hot with rice.
RECIPE # 2
- Kangkong (River Spinach) 1 bunch or tali.
- 3 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Medium sized Onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoons of Guinamos (Shrimp paste) or Bago-ong Alamang
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Cooking Oil
- Green hot pepper, sliced (optional)
Wash and clean the Kangkong
Remove the leaves of kangkong then cut stems to 2 inches long. Set aside.
In a fry or sauce Pan sauté garlic and onion.
Add the Kangkong and Guinamos or bagoong alamang, and vinegar stir well then bring to a boil until the stems are cooked.
Add the sugar and green hot pepper, you can add more Vinegar if you prefer more sour taste.
Let it simmer for few minutes.