This Eisbein Pork Recipe is a firm winter warmer favorite. It’s very simple but some homecook shy away from cooking this heavenly piece of meat. Luckily, if you have ordered an Eisbein in a restaurant before, you kinda already have an idea of how it really taste.
But if its your first time to try this out, remember that the perfect eisbein is crispy skin in the outside but tender and juicy meat inside. This pork recipe is so tasty and delicious when you buy the pre marinated (pickled or smoked).
Eisbein Pork Recipe
750 ml water
1.2 kilograms Pork shanks (preferably pickled/smoked)
1 can of beer
1 Tablespoon mustard powder
2 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 or 3 bay leaves
Black pepper to taste
1. In a large pot with enough water, boil the pork knuckle with all the other ingredients until tender for about 35-40 minutes.
2. Once tender, drain from water and transfer into roasting pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C
5. Baste occasionally with stock until brown and crispy on top.
4. Serve with sour kraute and roast or mashed potatoes
Cooking Tips: you must score the crackling before roasting as it is crispier and presents a better looking finish.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.