This embutido recipe is affordable for home base business and also good for daily home cooked meal for the family. Swak na ulam pambahay.
If you want to know the secret to making a finer texture of embutido: the secret technique is the use of blender and grater. You can grate the carrots for easy mincing process and blend everything else (except for the raisins and center filling such as boiled eggs and sausage). It makes your mixture finer in texture and well binded when cooked. (siksik liglig sa pagkabalot)
2 lbs ground pork (chilled)
12 pcs vienna sausage or 6 pcs hotdogs, cut in half lengthwise
3 pcs hard boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
1/2 cup all purpose cream
2 pcs raw eggs
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup red bell pepper, minced
1 cup green bell pepper, minced
1 1/2 cup raisins
1 cup carrots, minced or grated
1 cup onion, minced
salt and pepper
2 cups bread crumbs (made by placing 4 slices of tasty bread in a food processor. If not using any food processor, just tear the bread.)
1. Prepare a large bowl and add ground pork, bread crumbs, crack 2 raw eggs and mix it well to combine.
2. Next, add the carrots, bell pepper (red and green), onion, pickle relish, and cheddar cheese. Mix it well.
3. Add the raisins, all purpose cream, salt, and pepper then mix well to incorporate the flavors evenly.
4. Place the meat mixture in an aluminum foil. Spread it to form a flat rectangle, even it out.
5. Put in the sliced vienna sausage and sliced boiled eggs alternately on the center of the rectangle meat mixture.
6. Lift one side of the foil to make a roll. Form a cylinder locking the sausage and egg in the center of the meat mixture. Pressed lightly and gently, so as not to break the filling in the center. Then lock the edges of the foil and secure.
7. Place in a steamer and let cook for 1 hour. Let it cool.
8. Place inside the refrigerator until temperature turns cold. For longer shelf life, transfer it inside the freezer and keep it frozen.
9. You can fry it in slices when serving or re-steam the whole foil before slicing.
10. Serve on a bed of lettuce for presentation and with banana ketchup for dipping sauce. Share and Enjoy!
You may also try our newest recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website!