Grilled Turmeric Chicken
- 700 g chicken (wings or legs)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Spice paste
- 25 g turmeric root peeled
- 1 stalk lemongrass (use the bottom 8cm of the stalk, discard outermost tough layers)
- 100 g shallots peeled
- 40 g garlic peeled
1. To make the spice paste: Using a pestle and mortar, pound turmeric, lemongrass, shallots, garlic grinder until it is well blended.
2. To prepare the chicken: Marinate the chicken pieces with the salt and spice paste for at least 1 hour or better still, overnight.
3. To grill the chicken: Pre-heat the oven at 190˚C for 10 minutes. Grill the chicken on the top rack of the oven for 15 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 220˚C and grill for another 5 minutes. Leave the meat to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve and enjoy!
Also check out our Homemade Kwek kwek recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! If you tried this recipe and you recommend this, please don’t forget to rate this recipe with 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
You may also comment on this post using our Facebook Comment plugins and don’t forget to save us on your Pinterest too.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts. Have a wonderful day!
Photo by: @aquariusgal66