How to Make Pork Siomai
*Yield 40 pcs.
For the siomai :
- 40 pcs. siomai wrappers
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ½ cup shrimps, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped finely
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, minced
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 egg
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or kalamansi juice
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 pc Thai Chili, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients well (except for the wrapper of course!).
2. Get one siomai wrapper and put about 1 Tbsp filling in the center. Gather up the edges of the wrapper. Press lightly as you pleat each side. Repeat procedure to wrap all the fillings.
3. Steam for 25-30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add Thai Chili and garlic.
5. Remove siomai from steamer. Serve hot with sauce either as appetizer or snack.
You mqy also try our delicious dessert:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Do subscribe to our daily recipes by clicking Yes to “ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS” in the pop up Red Bell button.
You may comment on this post using our Facebook Comment by clicking through links posted on our Facebook page.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.
Photo by Iamboy07