This recipe is a simple recipe for any household maker. No complications, just the basic ingredients you can find in any store. Its easy but at the same time delicious!
How to Make Pork Siomai
*Yield 40 pcs.
For the siomai :
- 40 pcs. siomai wrappers
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ½ cup shrimps, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped finely
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, minced
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 egg
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or kalamansi juice
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 pc Thai Chili, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients well (except for the wrapper of course!).
2. Get one siomai wrapper and put about 1 Tbsp filling in the center. Gather up the edges of the wrapper. Press lightly as you pleat each side. Repeat procedure to wrap all the fillings.
3. Steam for 25-30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add Thai Chili and garlic.
5. Remove siomai from steamer. Serve hot with sauce either as appetizer or snack.
You may also try our delicious dessert:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.