- 800g deboned pork hock, cubed (you can use any other pork part, I just like this part for this recipe)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Philippine Soy Sauce or Kikkoman (use of other soy sauce will yield a different taste)
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
1. In a pot add oil and using medium heat sauté garlic until it becomes golden brown.
2. Add pork pieces and brown on all sides.
3. Add water, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and bay leaf then bring to a boil and simmer for an hour if you are using pork belly and an hour and a half if using pork hock. Add more water if required but the final consistency should be thick.
4. Add hard boiled eggs, season with freshly ground black pepper then simmer for additional 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Don’t forget to Pin us in Pinterest.
You may also “Add Mama’s Guide to your Home Screen” just like an app for android or IOS.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.