HOW TO MAKE ADOBONG BABOY NA TUYO
- 500g Pork Liempo, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 200g chicken liver
- 1-2 pcs. labuyo
- 2 pcs. laurel leaf
- 1 tbsp. whole peppercorn
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- In a pan, sauté chicken liver and labuyo for 2-3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from pan and puree (add little water if needed when blending). Set aside.
- In the same pan, brown the pork and add the garlic until fragrant.
- Add in the pureed liver and pour the soy sauce, vinegar, water, peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 2-2½ hours (lowest heat) until pork is soft and sauce has thickened or sauce becomes oily.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with rice.