3 Homemade Pork Tocino Recipe you can choose from. These are tried and tested recipes of tocino for business or home consumption. Some ingredients listed may not be common to you, but you can look for it in different online store if you really want to venture on Tocino business.
These tocino curing agents can be bought generally in any chemical Supply store, palengkeng bayan. You may also check Robinsons Supermarket according to sources, Paco Market, Apacible St. near Taft Ave. and Bangbang Manila. You may also order it for Cash on Delivery from big online store in the Philippines.
How to Make Pork Tocino
- 1kg. Pork pigue or kasim, with or without skin. Boneless, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- salt – 2 tbsp.
- sugar – 5-8 tbsp.
- rhum or gin – 1 tbsp.
- prague powder – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp.
- vetsin (optional) – 1 tsp.
- ascorbic acid (250 mg) – 1/2 Tablet
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- weighing scale
- chopping board
1. Slice meat to about 0.63 cm (1/4 inch) thick.
2. Mix all above ingredients for curing.
3. Rub the mixture on both sides of the slices and re-mix all to allow even distribution of curing mixture.
4. Arrange the pieces in a bowl and cover.
5. Keep at room temperature for 12 hours or in the refrigerator for 3 days to cure (the slices may be dried under the sun after curing to prolong shelf life).
You may store it using plastic tubs or you can use Polyethylene bags: Size – 6″ x 12″ ; Thickness – 0.003
Tocino Homemade Recipe
- 2 lbs. of pork/pork chops or red loin with fat, sliced into 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons of anise wine
- 2 tablespoon of annatto water
- 2 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of salitre ( saltpeter )
1. Combine all the ingredients in a shallow pan except for the pork.
2. Sprinkle the mixture onto the pork and make sure that it is distributed evenly.
3. Pile the pork inside a container with a cover and keep refrigerated for about 3 days to cure the pork.
4. To cook, just put a little water in a skillet and add the pork and fry it until done.
Tocino Homemade Recipe
- 2 lbs. pork ham
- 1½ tablespoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Prague powder #1
- ¾ cups granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sodium phosphate
- ¼ cup anisette liquor
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Vitamin C powder
- Red food coloring
1. Slice the pork ham to about ¼ inch thickness
2. Dissolve the sodium phosphate in 5 tablespoons of water.
3. Except for the meat, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
4. Apply the combined mixture to the meat by rubbing. Make sure that the mixture is evenly distributed across the meat
5. Place the mixed ingredients in a covered container
6. Store the covered container (with meat and mixture) in room temperature for 14 hours. It may also be refrigerated but would take at least 3.5 days to complete.
Serving size: 6
How to Cook Tocino:
Now that you have made your own homemade pork tocino, all you need to do is cook it.
Cook your tocino by boiling it with 2 cups water and 1/4 cup cooking oil. The meat gets tender as the water starts to boil. After quite a while, the water evaporates and the cooking oil will be left. This will instantly fry the meat.
Make sure to turn the meat over after a few minutes of frying to cook the opposite side of the tocino. Doing this will give you a tender and delicious pork tocino that is cooked just about right.
You may also want to try:
Thank you for dropping by our website. Happy cooking!