Skip to content
This Paksiw na Pata Recipe is super easy to make. Affordable and absolutely delicious. The recipe and ingredients are just perfect! Sakto ang timpla.. maghanda ng maraming kanin!
PAKSIW NA PATA RECIPE
- 1 kilo Pata (pork leg), sliced
- 1 cup banana blossoms
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 pieces laurel (bay) leaves
- 1 tbsp whole peppercorn
- Salt to taste
- enough water to cover the pata, (half way full)
- In a cooking pot over high heat, add pata and pour water. Sprinkle some salt, bay leaves and peppercorns. Bring it to a boil and cover pot.
- After it boils, let it simmer over low heat for about 1 and 1/2 hour. Check it once and every while so water doesn’t dry up.
- Once the pork becomes tender and water is reduced, add crushed garlic, soy sauce and let the mixture boil.
- Adjust little water if it dries out. At least 2 cups of water should remain for the sauce.
- Once pata is tender, you may add the vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Toss in the banana blossoms and cook for 1 or 2 minutes. Then, add brown sugar, season with salt and mix it gently to incorporate the spices.
- Turn off heat. Serve and enjoy! Happy Cooking!
Cooking Tips: to make it more delicious I added 1 tsp cooking wine while I tenderize the pata (it is just optional).
Boiling pata may take around 1 to 1.45 hours while pressure cooking is about 30 minutes.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
KANI MANGO SALAD