Pigar-pigar is one of the most popular delicacies of Pangasinan. Its traditionally cooked with thin slices of carabao meat, sauteed with spices, cabbage, broccoli and or cauliflower.
Pigar-Pigar of Pangasinan
1 lb sirloin roast beef or carabao meat, sliced very thinly
2 large white onion, sliced like onion rings
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
coconut oil, for deep frying
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
1/4 cabbage, chopped
1. In a pan, add enough oil for deep-frying.
2. Heat up the oil until it is near its smoking point, then add the beef slices. Cook until tender.
3. Drain from oil and transfer back into same pan. When the beef is cooked and turned to brown color, add the onion rings and saute.
4. Cook until the onion rings become transparent. Add vinegar and patis to taste.
5. Toss in lastly the cabbage and just half cook it. Serve hot and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.