Pigar-pigar is one of the most popular delicacies of Pangasinan. Its traditionally cooked with thin slices of carabao meat, sauteed with spices, cabbage, broccoli and or cauliflower.
Pigar-Pigar of Pangasinan
- 1 lb sirloin roast beef or carabao meat, sliced very thinly
- 2 large white onion, sliced like onion rings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- coconut oil, for deep frying
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 1/4 cabbage, chopped
- In a pan, add enough oil for deep-frying.
- Heat up the oil until it is near its smoking point, then add the beef slices. Cook until tender.
- Drain from oil and transfer back into same pan. When the beef is cooked and turned to brown color, add the onion rings and sauté.
- Cook until the onion rings become transparent. Add vinegar and patis to taste.
- Toss in lastly the cabbage and just half cook it. Serve hot and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: