Simple and super easy recipe of Filipino Pork Hamonado. Best for your party table or Holiday recipe. Try it today and keep this recipe for good. Yummy! Please take note of overnight marination time.
- 1.5 Kilogram pork belly/shoulder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 chicken broth cube (Knorr Cubes)
- 1/2 packet Mama Sita’s Tocino mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Marination: In a large bowl, add the brown sugar, a cup of pineapple juice, 1/2 of the pack Mama Sita tocino mix and paprika. Rub and coat on the pork belly. Cover with cling wrap and let it stand overnight inside the fridge. (Reserve left over ingredients for next day cooking)
- Cooking: After the marination, transfer and pour it in a large pot. Then, add the remaining pineapple juice, pineapple tidbits, bouillon cube and seasonings.
- Boil the pork slab and mixture and simmer over low heat. Let it cook for about 1 and 1/2 hour until the meat is very tender. Your pork should look glazed and shiny.
- Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with whole pineapple slices. Happy cooking and enjoy!
- Cooking Notes: Pork belly is the part of pork used for bacon. You may also use pork shoulder if less fat is preffered.
- Alternatively, if Mama Sita’s Tocino mix is not available. You can substitute sugar, pineapple juice and seasonings to cure the pork.