Simple and delicious Pork Menudo Recipe. Filipino favorite menu for all occasion, pot luck or daily lutong bahay food. Happy cooking!
PORK MENUDO RECIPE
- 1 kg pork cubed (2 lbs pork)
- ¼ kg pork liver (1/2 lb)
- Juice of 4-5 pcs calamansi or from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic minced and divided into 2
- 1 big onion, chopped and divided into 2
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 potato, cut into cubes
- 1 carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup hotdogs (sliced)
- ½ cup water(adjust as needed)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
1. In a large pan, marinate the pork and liver with calamansi juice, soysauce, 1 /2 garlic and ½ onion for about an hour.
2. After an hour, bring to a stove and put on high heat till it boils, then let it simmer on low heat till meat is tender. Set aside.
3. On a separate pan, add the oil on medium heat and fry the potato and carrot till lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. On the same pan, sauté the remaining garlic and onion till it is aromatic and translucent.
5. Add the tomato sauce, then combine the cooked pork and liver. Mix well and let it simmer.
6. Add the fried carrot and potato.
7. Add the sliced red bell pepper and simmer for another 2 minutes.
8. Season with fish sauce or salt as needed. Transfer to a bowl and serve hot.
To add hotdogs, stir fry it on a separate pan or on the same pan you fry the carrot & potato. Drain just like you would with carrot and potato and add towards the end of your cooking.
To add raisins or green peas, add it at the same time you add the fried potato and carrots and let it simmer.
You may omit the pork liver per your preference.
You may also try our newest recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website!