Cassava Cake using Cassava Flour
- 2 c cassava flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup young coconut (macapuno)
- 2 pcs egg (yolk and white beaten separately)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 325°F or (160°C)
2. Sift together the measured baking powder and cassava flour.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth. Add sugar gradually and mix well.
4. Alternately add egg yolk, dry ingredients and milk. Mix thoroughly in one direction until well blended.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg white until stiff peak forms.
6. Fold in the mixture to the beaten egg white.
7. Pour the mixture in an ungreased baking pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until top is no longer wet.
8. In the meantime, mix well all ingredients for topping. When top of cake is no longer wet, spread topping evenly on cake.
9. Bake an additional 20-30 minutes.
10. Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Please subscribe to our daily recipe notifications.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Photo by @jergen_duero