This black sambo recipe by Mamas Guide is easy to make. I used Mr. Gulaman powder for the gelatin and it was perfect. The secret to a perfect black sambo is in this recipe. Just follow the exact measurement and you can never go wrong. Happy cooking!
Materials Needed: Gelatin Moulder or Large Round bowl, or small ramekins.
MAMA’S BLACK SAMBO RECIPE
First layer (milky white portion)
1 pack of Nestle Cream (250ml)
1 can of condensed milk (regular)
1 pack of Mr Gulaman unflavored gelatin
750 ml of water
1. In pot without heat, melt 1 pack of Mr Gulaman in 750ml of water. Dissolve and mix well, mash the lumps. Turn on heat, add Nestle cream and condensed milk under low fire.
2. Keep stirring in low heat for about 10 minutes. Mix it well, make sure there is no lumps or mash it with a spoon.
3. Place ¾ of the mixture in a round bowl or moulder and let cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before adding next layer. Or freeze for 15 minutes for fast results.
Second layer (chocolate portion)
1 can evaporated milk (big) (alternatively, powdered milk diluted in 1 glass of water)
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup Hershey’s or Ricoa unsweetened chocolate, melt in 1 cup hot water, (alternative:Milo or cocoa powder)
1 pack of Mr Gulaman unflavored Gelatin, melt in 1/2 cup cold water
1. Melt 1 pack of Mr Gulaman in 1/2 cup cold water. Mix well using fork.
2. Mix evaporated milk, sugar, and melted chocolate in a pan under low fire.
Add the melted Mr Gulaman to the milk, sugar and chocolate mixture and continue stirring for 10 minutes under low fire.
3. Set aside mixture and let cool.
Place 1/4 mixture on top of the first layer and refrigerate.
4. You can drizzle your favorite chocolate syrup on top when serving.
Enjoy your dessert!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.