This black sambo recipe by Mamas Guide is easy to make. I used Mr. Gulaman powder for the gelatin and it was perfect. The secret to a perfect black sambo is in this recipe. Just follow the exact measurement and you can never go wrong. Happy cooking!
Materials Needed: Gelatin Molder or Large Round bowl, or small ramekins.
MAMA’S BLACK SAMBO RECIPE
First layer (milky white portion)
- 1 pack of Nestle Cream (250ml)
- 1 can of condensed milk (regular)
- 1 pack of Mr. Gulaman unflavored gelatin powder
- 750 ml of water
- In pot without heat, melt 1 pack of Mr Gulaman in 750ml of water. Dissolve and mix well, mash the lumps. Turn on heat, add Nestle cream and condensed milk under low fire.
- Keep stirring in low heat for about 10 minutes. Mix it well, make sure there is no lumps or mash it with a spoon.
- Place ¾ of the mixture in a round bowl or moulder and let cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before adding next layer. Or freeze for 15 minutes for fast results.
Second layer (chocolate portion)
- 1 can evaporated milk (big) (alternatively, powdered milk diluted in 1 glass of water)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s or Ricoa unsweetened chocolate, melt in 1 cup hot water, (alternative:Milo or cocoa powder)
- 1 pack of Mr Gulaman unflavored Gelatin, melt in 1/2 cup cold water
- Melt 1 pack of Mr Gulaman in 1/2 cup cold water. Mix well using fork.
- Mix evaporated milk, sugar, and melted chocolate in a pan under low fire.
Add the melted Mr Gulaman to the milk, sugar and chocolate mixture and continue stirring for 10 minutes under low fire.
- Set aside mixture and let cool.
Place 1/4 mixture on top of the first layer and refrigerate.
- You can drizzle your favorite chocolate syrup on top when serving.
Enjoy your dessert!