My favorite Cassava cake is from Don Benito’s, it’s soft and it melts in your mouth. It’s cheesy and slightly sweet. You gotta try this Cassava cake ala Don Benito’s with Macapuno and grate lots of cheese on top. This is heavenly delicious Cassava cake!
CASSAVA CAKE WITH MACAPUNO
2 packages (4 cups) grated cassava
1 can coconut milk
1 can condensed milk
1 bottle sweetened macapuno/coconut strips (use 3/4 only)
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter , melted for baking tray
1/4 cup sugar (optional)
Toppings Mixture for Cassava Cake:
1/2 can condensed milk
1/4 remaining of sweetened macapuno/coconut strips
Mama’s Guide Instructions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter.
2. Adjust sugar if you want it sweeter.
3. Grease all sides of baking pan with melted butter or margarine.
4. Pour in cassava mixture.
5. Bake in 350 F (175 C) for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
6. When the cassava has dried after 45 minutes, add the Topping Mixture.
7. Then, return it back to the oven. Broil for another 5 minutes until the toppings is cooked. Just dry but not brown.
8.Remove from oven and top with grated cheddar cheese.
#mamasguide #mamasguidehome #happycooking