My favorite Cassava cake is from Don Benito’s, it’s soft and it melts in your mouth. This Cassava Cake is heavenly delicious, its cheesy and slightly sweet. You gotta try this Cassava cake ala Don Benito’s with Macapuno and sprinkle lots of cheese on top.
But how do you really achieve a melt in your mouth cassava cake? When all the cassava cake you see in YouTube looks dry, toasted and hard? Lol..
The secret is in the fine texture of your cassava and you need to bake it in steam bath to get that soft texture. Also for the cassava, you need to grind it manually using the cheese grater to get a finer smooth texture of cassava.
CASSAVA CAKE WITH MACAPUNO AND CHEESE
4 cups grated cassava or balinghoy, squeezed out cassava juice (dagta)
1 can coconut milk
1 can condensed milk
1 bottle sweetened macapuno/coconut strips (use 3/4 only)
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter, melted for baking tray
1/4 cup sugar (optional)
1/2 can condensed milk
1/4 remaining of sweetened macapuno/coconut strips
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and add half of the melted butter. Set aside the remaining for greasing the pan.
2. To make it very smooth in texture, use an electric hand mixer and beat it until smooth.
3. Grease all sides of baking pan with melted butter or margarine.
4. Pour in cassava mixture.
5. Bake it in bain-marie style, place the cassava pan in a larger pan with water underneath. Bake over 350°F (175°C) for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
6. Do a toothpick test in the center to check the doneness of your cassava. It should come out clean. Once the cassava is cooked, add the topping mixture.
7. Then, return it back to the oven. Broil for another 5 minutes until the toppings is cooked.
8. Remove from oven and top with grated cheddar cheese. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.