My favorite Cassava cake is from Don Benito’s, it’s soft and it melts in your mouth. This Cassava Cake is heavenly delicious, its cheesy and slightly sweet. You gotta try this Cassava cake ala Don Benito’s with Macapuno and sprinkle lots of cheese on top.
But how do you really achieve a melt in your mouth cassava cake? When all the cassava cake you see in YouTube looks dry, toasted and hard? Lol..
The secret is in the fine texture of your cassava and you need to bake it in steam bath to get that soft texture. Also for the cassava, you need to grind it manually using the cheese grater to get a finer smooth texture of cassava.
CASSAVA CAKE WITH MACAPUNO AND CHEESE
4 cups grated cassava or balinghoy, squeezed out cassava juice (dagta)
1 can coconut milk
1 can condensed milk
1 bottle sweetened macapuno/coconut strips (use 3/4 only)
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter, melted for baking tray
1/4 cup sugar (optional)
1/2 can condensed milk
1/4 remaining of sweetened macapuno/coconut strips
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and add half of the melted butter. Set aside the remaining for greasing the pan.
2. To make it very smooth in texture, use an electric handmixer and beat it until smooth.
3. Grease all sides of baking pan with melted butter or margarine.
4. Pour in cassava mixture.
5. Bake it in bain-marie style, place the cassava pan in a larger pan with water underneath. Bake over 350°F (175°C) for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
6. Do a toothpick test in the center to check the doneness of your cassava. It should come out clean. Once the cassava is cooked, add the topping mixture.
7. Then, return it back to the oven. Broil for another 5 minutes until the toppings is cooked.
8. Remove from oven and top with grated cheddar cheese. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Please subscribe to our daily recipes.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.