Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Chicken ala Kiev Recipe
- 2/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped chives (or any fresh herb like basil, parsley, cilantro)
- 2 chicken breast fillets, (pounded slightly so all the meat are of equal thickness)
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the breading mixture:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cornflakes, crushed
- In a bowl, mix butter and herbs together. Shape in stick and place back in freezer to harden.
- Place at least 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each chicken breast and roll like a lumpia.
- Secure with a toothpick so the butter does not ooze out when baking.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Freeze slightly so the butter is not gooey when breading.
- In separate bowls, place each of the breading ingredients—the flour, the eggs, and the cornflakes.
- Roll the chicken in the flour, then in the eggs, then in the cornflakes.
- If time permits, freeze again so butter doesn’t melt too fast when cooking.
- You can fry it in oil until golden brown or bake it.
- Before baking, spritz with a little olive oil to moisten the cornflakes.
- Bake at 250˚F in the turbo oven for about 8 minutes.