Chicken Piccata Pasta with creamy lemon sauce, mushrooms, artichokes and briny capers over pasta. So delicious!
CHICKEN PICCATA PASTA
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper, rub (optional), alternate with salt and pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 lemon
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened (I use 4 ounces,must be very soft)
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1/4 cup cups capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup mushroom, sliced thinly
- chopped fresh parsley
- grated fresh parmesan cheese
Slice chicken into bite-size pieces.
In a bowl, add chicken, 1 tablespoon of the oil and rub it in; toss to coat.
In a pan, heat oil over medium-high heat for 1-3 minutes until it simmers. Add chicken to hot pan; cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown on all sides. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
Pour chicken broth into bowl, cover and microwave HIGH 8–10 minutes or until broth comes to a boil.
Add onion to pan, sauté for a minute, until onion is soft and fragrant. Gradually add broth and pasta to pan; cook, uncovered, 7–8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Zest 1 tablespoon of lemon. Juice 2 tablespoon lemon. Add zest, juice and cream cheese to skillet; stir until cream cheese is fully incorporated. Add chicken, mushrooms and artichokes to pan.
Let it simmer with cover for 1–2 minutes or until cooked through.
Turn off heat; stir in capers. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
In Step 2, add 2 crushed garlic cloves in sauteed onion; cook as directed.
In Step 3, you can adjust lemon juice to 3 tablespoon.
Don’t missed out our Camote Tops Juice recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
You may also comment on this post using our Facebook Comment plugins and don’t forget to save us on your Pinterest too.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
I tried this recipe! Please click 5th star
Thanks for supporting our recipes!