Chicken Piccata Pasta with creamy lemon sauce, mushrooms, artichokes and briny capers over pasta. So delicious!
CHICKEN PICCATA PASTA
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper, rub (optional), alternate with salt and pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 lemon
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened (I use 4 ounces,must be very soft)
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1/4 cup cups capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup mushroom, sliced thinly
- chopped fresh parsley
- grated fresh parmesan cheese
Slice chicken into bite-size pieces.
In a bowl, add chicken, 1 tablespoon of the oil and rub it in; toss to coat.
In a pan, heat oil over medium-high heat for 1-3 minutes until it simmers. Add chicken to hot pan; cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown on all sides. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
Pour chicken broth into bowl, cover and microwave HIGH 8–10 minutes or until broth comes to a boil.
Add onion to pan, sauté for a minute, until onion is soft and fragrant. Gradually add broth and pasta to pan; cook, uncovered, 7–8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Zest 1 tablespoon of lemon. Juice 2 tablespoon lemon. Add zest, juice and cream cheese to skillet; stir until cream cheese is fully incorporated. Add chicken, mushrooms and artichokes to pan.
Let it simmer with cover for 1–2 minutes or until cooked through.
Turn off heat; stir in capers. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
In Step 2, add 2 crushed garlic cloves in sauteed onion; cook as directed.
In Step 3, you can adjust lemon juice to 3 tablespoon.
You may also try our:
Thank you for dropping by our website!