There are so many ways to cook a crispy pata. If you’re not confident in frying it, then cook it in oven or use a Turbo broiler. Its easy and more hassle free too.
This recipe is the best pinoy crispy pata recipe ever, with delicious dipping sauce and side dish suggestion. Happy cooking!
BEST PINOY CRISPY PATA RECIPE
- 1 large Pata (pork hock or knuckle)
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 stalks of lemon grass, tied
- 3 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon crushed peppercorn
* Pata Rub
- 2 Tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- Ground pepper
- 6 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 5 pieces Calamansi
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 3 pieces Chili, chopped
- Wash and clean the pata thoroughly. Make deep incisions on the side of the pata to make it absorb more flavour.
- In a deep casserole, place water and pata. Make sure the water covers the pata.
- Add lemon grass, garlic, onion, salt and pepper.
- Boil and simmer for around 1 and 1/2 hours or until the pata become tender.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Rub the pata with fish sauce and ground pepper.
- Wrap in foil or cling wrap. Freeze it overnight for a good crisp.
- Thaw the pata before cooking. Air dry (dryness will make it crispy when fried)
- Deep-fry in high (to medium) heat. Set heat to low when the oil bubbles lessen. Wait until the pata turns golden brown.