This ultimate Crispy Roasted Pork Belly is your crackling goal. Tried and tested secret recipe of making any pork belly skin crack like no other! Don’t worry about the bean curd, you can always substitute it with your favorite seasoning like the Lee Kum Kee Char Siu Sauce in sachet or oyster sauce. It’s really up to your taste.
Chinese Style Roasted Pork Belly
- 2 slabs of pork belly (2 kg)
- rock salt
- 2 pieces of red fermented beancurd (nam yue) – mashed (substitute: char siu sauce)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp five-spiced powder
- 2 tsp sugar
1. Clean and wash the pork thoroughly. Air dry or pat dry with kitchen towel.
2. In a small bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
3. Using the tip of a knife, prick all over the pork. Place the pork skin-side down on a rack.
4. Brush the marinade all over the pork slab and each side (except for the skin).
5. Transfer the pork, skin-side up in a tray or a container and wipe the skin thoroughly with paper towel. Leave the pork in the refrigerator, uncovered overnight.
6. Let the the pork stand at room temperature before roasting (for about 2 hours).
7. The goal is let the skin dry out inside the refrigerator overnight. You xan give it a blow dry using a hair dryer asca tachnique to ensure that the skin has totaly dried out.(The drier the skin, the better the cackling when roasted).
8. Preheat oven to 230°C.
9. Transfer the pork, skin-side up on a rack set over a roasting pan.
10. Drizzle oil all over the skin of the pork, then sprinkle enough salt to fully cover the entire skin. (Cover with lots of salt on top like it forms another salt layer)
11. Transfer the pork into the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
12. Then reduce the oven to 200°C and continue roasting for another 50 – 55 mins. Adjust cooking time as needed until your pork is well done.
13. Remove meat from the oven and allow to rest for 10-15 mins before cutting. Brush away excess salt. Serve and enjoy!!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.