Moringa Oleifera Flavored Cupcakes or Malunggay cupcakes are healthy and nutritious. Malunggay is recognized by most experts as the most nutritious food in the world, with most of its benefits stored in the small green leaves of this tree.
Scientific research can prove that malunggay leaves has many health benefits because it contains seven times more vitamin C from oranges, four times more calcium in milk, four times more vitamin A in carrots, three times more potassium than in bananas and two times more protein from milk.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tsp of blended malunggay leaves or dried malunggay powder.
- 1 tsp Green gel food color (optional)
(Add more malunggay according to your color preference and taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place about 2 cups of malunggay leaves in a food processor or blender and grind it until smooth. Set aside.
3. Mix or stir together the softened butter and sugar for about 3 minutes, until well incorporated or sugar is dissolved.
4. Add beaten eggs and stir in vanilla extract.
5. In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
Add sifted dry ingredients to the creamed butter, egg and sugar mixture and combine using a spatula by cut and fold style.
6. Stir in the milk until batter is smooth then add blended malunggay and gel color and mix until combined. Do not overmix batter or your cupcakes will not be fluffy.
7. Pour into cupcake liners about 3/4 full and bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.