- 140g (5oz) Dark Chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 50g (¼ cup) Butter
- 50g (¼ cup) Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 35g (¼ cup) All purpose flour
- 120g (½ cup) Butter
- 100g (½ cup) Sugar (I reduced by 1 Tbsp)
- 2 Eggs
- 120g (1 cup) All purpose flour
- 2g (¼ tsp) Baking powder
- 50ml (3 ½ Tbsp) Fresh milk
1. Lightly grease a muffin pan. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
3. To make brownie, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove and leave to cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar until blended.
4. Add in egg, mix well. Fold in flour, mix until well combined. Spoon a heap tablespoon of batter into each cavity of your muffin pan. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool while making butter cake.
5. To make butter cake, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, alternately add in fresh milk, mix to form batter.
7. Spoon the batter over brownies, about 2/3 full. Bake in oven at 180C/350F for 15 minutes or until cooked.
8. Let cool completely, serve it plain or garnish with fresh fruit, or drizzle with chocolate sauce as desired.
9. Serve. Share and enjoy!