These Oreo Brownies Cupcakes is made from a brownie mix and oreos. Top with buttercream frosting. Its definitely a must try dessert for everyone!
Yield: 12 brownie cupcakes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Oreo Brownie Cupcakes
For the Brownie Cupcakes:
- 18-ounce Ghirardelli brownie mix plus the ingredients listed on the box or any brownie mix alternatively.
- 20 Oreos, divided use
For the Vanilla Buttercream:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Brownies:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F or 162°C. Spray a 12-cup standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place 1 Oreo into the bottom of each muffin cup.
3. Prepare brownies according to the directions on the box.
4. Finely chop 5 Oreos and fold the cookies into the brownie batter.
5. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) to portion the brownie batter into the prepared muffin cups.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven and to a cooling and allow the brownies to cool completely.
For the Buttercream
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium-high speed for about 7-8 minutes. This process will lighten the color of the butter and ensure you buttercream in extra fluffy.
2. Turn speed down to low and gradually add in the powdered sugar. Continue mixing on low speed until the powdered sugar is completely incorporated. Add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
3. Turn mixer back up to medium-high speed and beat the mixture for an additional 4-5 minutes.
4. Loosen the brownie cupcakes from the pan using an offset spatula. You’re ready to pipe the buttercream onto your brownie cupcakes.
5. Chop remaining Oreos and sprinkle them on the piped frosting.
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.