These Oreo Brownies Cupcakes is made from a brownie mix and oreos, you may use Ghirardelli Brownie mix or any brownie mix you have plus the ingredients required in the brownie box. This Brownie Cupcakes are topped with buttercream frosting. Its definitely a must try dessert for everyone!
Yield: 12 brownie cupcakes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Oreo Brownie Cupcakes
For the Brownie Cupcakes:
500g (18oz) Ghirardelli brownie mix + the ingredients listed on the box (or use any brownie mix brand)
20 Oreos, divided use
For the Vanilla Buttercream:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
crushed oreos, finely
For the Brownie Cups:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F or 162°C. Spray a 12-cup standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place 1 Oreo into the bottom of each muffin cup.
3. Prepare brownies according to the directions on the box.
4. Finely chop 5 Oreos and fold the cookies into the brownie batter.
5. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) to portion the brownie batter into the prepared muffin cups.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven and to a cooling and allow the brownies to cool completely.
For the Buttercream:
7. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium-high speed for about 7-8 minutes. This process will lighten the color of the butter and ensure you buttercream in extra fluffy.
8. Turn speed down to low and gradually add in the powdered sugar. Continue mixing on low speed until the powdered sugar is completely incorporated. Add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
9. Add the crushed oreos. Turn the mixer back up to medium-high speed and beat the mixture for an additional 4-5 minutes.
10. Loosen the brownie cupcakes from the pan using an offset spatula. You’re ready to pipe the buttercream onto your brownie cupcakes.
11. Garnish with 1 oreo cookie on the top side. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.