- 2 lbs pork loin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 2 tsp five spice powder
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 1 Thai chili, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped green onion
- whisk together above sauce ingredients in a pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes, being careful not to boil as this can give it a burnt taste.
- taste and adjust the spices, salt, and sweetness to your liking. Strain liquid and set aside.
- BBQ your pork as you normally would, and baste liberally with sauce.
- remove and allow roast to rest 5-10 minutes.
- slice thinly, drizzle with more sauce, and serve over rice with stir fried bok choy or similar greens.
Credits: BBQ Rocks