Do you miss eating Puto Seko Pinoy style cookies? Try baking it at home and purchase your cookie cutter in different shapes and sizes.
If you want your Puto Seko Cookies to be so white, follow this recipe. This classic Puto Seko recipe is simple and easy to make.
The secret is in the color of the ingredients you use. If you want it so white, find an all white ingredients to use. Happy baking!
PUTO SEKO RECIPE
• 2 small eggs, (egg whites only)
• ½ cup of white sugar
• ½ cup of shortening/lard (alternatively butter but it will make puto seko yellow)
• 1 cup of all-purpose flour
• 1 cup of cornstarch
• ½ cup of powdered milk
• 1 tsp of baking powder
• ½ tsp of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (or 375°F).
2. Grease the sheet pan using butter or vegetable oil.
3. Beat the egg whites in a bowl. In another bowl, combine baking powder, sugar, flour, cornstarch, butter, powdered milk, and salt. Add the beaten egg and mix them all up until it thickens.
4. Knead the mixture for a few minutes to create dough. Roll it into a ball about one to two inches in size and place it properly on the sheet pan. The dough can make at least 12-14 pieces of puto seko.
5. Put it in the preheated oven and bake it for about 10 to 12 minutes or until it turns light brown.
6. After baking, let your puto seko cool down before serving.
Serve and enjoy! You may store it in air tight containers or jars for longer shelf life.
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.