Delight the taste of these yummy Red Velvet Cookie Sandwiches!! Enjoy these wonderful treat doe this coming holiday giveaways and treats.
Red Velvet Crinkles
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- powder sugar
- 1 (8oz) block of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 3 tbs butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5-2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F (or 176°C). In a stand mixer or using your own elbow grease with a wooden spoon, mix together cake mix, oil, water and egg. Dough will be sticky. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and drop into a small bowl of powdered sugar.
- Roll dough balls in powdered sugar and place on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cookies begin to spread and show “crinkle” texture. Cool on cookie rack.
- While cookies are cooling, prepare the frosting. Mix the first three ingredients in a stand or hand mixer and slowly add powdered sugar, until desired consistency is reached.
- When cookies are completely cool, spoon frosting onto one side and sandwich with another cookie. Let set and then enjoy! Store in an airtight container.