If you love Chicken Inasal of Bacolod city, you dont have to go anywhere else. Because you can definitely do your own grilling or ihaw ihaw at home.
Chicken Inasal is favorite Ilonggo grilled chicken dish with a distinct marinade from calamansi, garlic, lemongrass, coconut vinegar and basted in annato oil. Pair it with soy sauce, labuyo and calamansi dipping sauce. What a perfect combination with fresh steamed rice!
Prepare it for the Holiday menu too. and practice cooking it today. Everyone will rave about it. Happy cooking!
Special Chicken Inasal Recipe
●1.5 kilograms Chicken, (leg to thigh cut)
●1 head garlic, minced
●2 tbsp ginger, chopped
●1 tbsp brown sugar
●1/3 cup sinamak (native coconut vinegar)
●10 pcs calamansi, juice extract
●1/2 cup lime soda (7-up or Sprite)
●3 stalks tanglad (lemon grass), julienne
●salt and coarsely ground pepper
(For Basting Sauce:)
●1/2 cup Margarine or Butter
●1/4 cup atsuete (annatto seeds) oil
●salt and pepper
●large bamboo skewers
●charcoal for grilling
1. In a large bowl, place the garlic, ginger, a small amount of sugar, vinegar, calamansi juice, soda, tanglad, salt, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients then add the chicken meat.
2. Lightly rub the marinade on the meat then place chicken in the chiller and let sit. After 30 minutes, turn the meat and let it sit for another 30 minutes. Do not marinate overnight.
3. (For Basting Sauce) : In a saucepan, over low fire, heat Star Margarine and annatto seeds. Cook for about 2-3 minutes then turn off heat. Add a small amount of salt and pepper to taste.
4. Skewer the meat. Make shallow slits/slices on chicken from leg part to upper thigh and spread it out to even out cooking (as seen on photo). Grill over hot charcoal, skin side down, basting it once in a while with the margarine atsuete mixture. As much as possible do not turn the meat more than twice since the result will be drier meat.
5. Serve while hot together with steamed rice.
Share and enjoy!
Also check out our delicious Waknatoy recipe or Menudo ng Marikina:
Photo by @ruvie.young
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.