Adobo sa Ginataang Tambakol
1 medium size tambakol (8-10 slices, including the head), about less 1kg
1 medium size ginger, sliced
2 shallots or onions, sliced
2 crushed garlic
3 siling pangsigang (finger chili) whole
2 cups of coconut cream (first extraction)
1/2 cup of coconut milk (second extraction)
½ cup soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean tambakol thoroughly in running water. Remove the innards like the intestines and gills. Season the fish with salt. Slice in serving sizes.
2. In a pan, fry the tambakol fish until slightly brownish in color. Drain from oil and set aside.
3. Using the same oil from frying tambakol about 2-3 tbsp only. Saute garlic, onion and ginger until cooked.
4. Pour coconut milk in sauteed onion, garlic and ginger. Let it simmer in low heat until it becomes a little bit oily. Add soy sauce, pepper and finger chili. Let it simmer.
5. Add fried tambakol slices and simmer in low heat until sauce is thick and the sauce is almost absorbed by the fish (intensifying the flavor of soy sauce and coconut milk)