Almondigas or others also calls it Albondigas Recipe are a favorite Filipino soup with Misua, Patola and meatballs. I love cooking this hot soup specialy on a rainy day season. Happy cooking and enjoy!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium sized patola (loofa or Chinese Okra), sliced
- 4 ounces misua
- 1 small onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 piece raw egg
- 1 piece beef cube
- ⅛ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, half of the onion, raw egg, salt, ground black pepper, and flour. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside.
2. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in oil.
3. When the oil is hot enough, sauté the garlic and remaining onions.
4. Add the beef cube and fish sauce and cook for a minute.
5. Pour-in water and let boil.
6. Scoop about a tablespoon of the meat mixture and form it into a ball shape figure then drop in the boiling one after the other. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Add the patola (loofah) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Put-in the misua and cook for 1 to 2 minutes while gently stirring.
9. Turn off heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
10. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thank you for dropping by our website. Happy cooking!