This Arroz Valenciana de Lechon (Bringhe) is an absolute crowd pleaser in any occasion. You can buy lechon in advance and reserve it in the fridge for your bringhe. In SM supermarket they have consignments of frozen lechon in tubs at the freezer section (Rico’s Lechon). Great for new year and any occasion with roasted pork or chicken!
Arroz Valenciana de Lechon – Bringhe
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 kilo lechon, cut into pieces
- 1/2 kilo chicken liver
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 cups glutinous rice
- 4 cups chicken stock (dissolved chicken cubes)
- 4 cups coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 1small can green peas
- 1 medium size red bell pepper,cut into thin strips
- 2 heaping tablespoons raisins
- 6 eggs
- Chorizo (optional)
1. In a nonstick frying pan,heat oil and saute garlic and onions.
2. Add liver and cook until brownish. Add lechon pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Season with salt, pepper and turmeric powder.
4. Add glutinous rice and continue sautéing
5. Pour in chicken stock and coconut cream.
6. Allow to simmer over low heat until rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
7. Add the red bell pepper strips and raisins.
8. When rice is cooked, let pan sit over low heat for one to two minutes or until a golden brown crust forms at the bottom of the pan.
9. Flip into a large serving platter. Dont forget to add some chopped fresh herbs on top to make it more aromatic and flavourful.
10. Put eggs on the top before serving.
Serve and Enjoy!
Also check out our recipe for:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.