Are you are thinking of Black Paella Recipe or also known sa Arroz Negra, because you want it something different and not ordinary? Well you’ve got to try this recipe that everybody is dying to try – seafood overload Black Paella Recipe. If you’ve got a handful of seafoods in the fridge don’t hesitate to add it in the recipe.
Black Paella Recipe
- 1 cup fragrant rice, soaked with water and drain
- 1 cup malagkit rice, soaked with water and drain
- 1/2 kilo medium size shrimp, shelled blanched
- 3 pcs. big size squid, blanched, cut into rings
- 3 ink sacks from the squid, diluted in 1/2 cup water
- 4 pcs. medium size crabs, cooked, cut in half
- 1/2 kilo clams and/or mussels, boiled
- 1 pc. chorizo, sliced diagonally
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strip
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 pc. roasted bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup green peas, boiled
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- lemons cut into wedges
- 3 hard boiled eggs, cut into wedges
1. In a large wok or wide mouth pot, sauté chorizo in little oil until it start to sizzle, transfer into a plate and set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, tomato sauce and roasted bell pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes over medium to low heat.
3. Pour 1/2 cup of water, bring to boil and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated until sauce is thickened and oily.
4. Add in chorizo, squid ink, fragrant rice and malagkit stir until rice is coated and infused with the sauce and tinted with the black ink.
5. Pour 3-4 cups of water and cook rice mixing it constantly. Adjust water as needed.
6. Once done toss in green peas and arrange seafood on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.Cover large wok and let rice to completely cook over steam for about 30 to 45 minutes.
7. Transfer black paella in a platter, arrange seafood on top, drizzle with lemon juice and garnish with wedges of hard boiled eggs.
8. Serve hot in a serving platter and enjoy! Happy cooking!
You may also try our:
Korean Tofu Soup Recipe (Soondubu Jjigae)
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.