The favorite part at any Filipino Party table – Lumpiang Shanghai. This Lumpia recipe has a twist and with only 2 main ingredients.
Have you ever tried the shredded coconut meat (buko) with crabstick in spring rolls? Try it today, it is simple and budget friendly, specially if you have a coconut tree in the backyard.
Buko Lumpiang Shanghai
- 2 cups shredded coconut meat (ginayat na buko)
- 5 pieces crabsticks
- Lumpia wrappers (Egg Crepe Wrappers), preferably small size
- Egg white or water (to seal wrappers)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper powder, to taste
- Cooking, for deep frying
- Shred the crabstick manually in thin strips. (Himayin ang crabsticks sa maninipis na hibla)
- Combine the shredded crabsticks with grated coconut strips. (Ihalo ang crabsticks sa buko meat)
- Season with salt, pepper and other seasoning to taste. (Lagyan ng paminta, asin at iba pang pampalasa).
- If using a large size wrapper, cut it in half and wrap every 1 tablespoon of mixture. (Hatiin ang lumpia wrapper sa dalawa at ibalot ang mga pinag halong sangkap)
- You may use egg whites or water to seal the edges of each spring roll. (Gumamit ng puti ng itlog para dumikit ang wrapper. Pwede ring gumamit ng tubig).
- Place it in the freezer for about 5 minutes to harden a little bit (or just air dry) and start deep frying the spring rolls by batches. (Ilagay sa freezer ng ilang minuto, or hayaan lang mahanginan ang wrapper para manigas ng bahagya at saka prituhin).
- Serve hot and crispy with Sweet and sour sauce. Enjoy!