One of the most favorite Filipino Salad! Buko Pandan Salad, its easy to make and budget-friendly dessert you can make for the holidays! Its creamy, sweet and flavourful pandan gelatin with young coconut strips.
This recipe is all natural recipe version. Follow this recipe to make a Buko Pandan, using gulaman bar/agar-agar and fresh pandan leaves. Ratio of Coconut strips should be more than the Gulaman. You can also garnish it with Pinipig on top upon serving to add more Filipino flavor or with grated cheese upon serving..and I promise..it is crazily delicious…….! Enjoy!
Buko Pandan Salad
- 6-7 Buko (macapuno or young coconut), grated
- 1 pack chilled nestle cream, (or Anchor heavy cream preferably)
- 1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
- 20 pcs pandan leaves, (washed and cleaned)
- 1 green gulaman bar (or 1 pack agar agar/Mr Gulaman)
- 4 cups of water/coconut water
- 1/2 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 cup mini sago pearls, (optional)
- Make Pandan Water: Use a blender, and blend pandan leaves in 400ml water, strain after. (Make this 2 nights in advance and let the color wear out in the fridge).
- In a small sauce pot, add the water, gulaman bars and sugar. Whisk until all gulaman pieces are dissolved. Mix continuously over medium heat until the mixture is boiling.
- Turn off heat, strain the mixture and transfer into a prepared rectangular containers.
- Let it cool first. Place in the fridge to let it set quickly until it becomes firm. Cut the gulaman into cubes. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whip the cream first with an electric mixer until fluffy and doubled.
- Remove hand mixer, and manually mix the grated young coconut, condensed milk, pandan water, and gulaman cubes.
- Chill in the fridge for about 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
How to cook mini Sago pearls: Boil 4 cups of water in a pot, drop the sago pearls in water (make sure it is boiling before you add the sago). Let it float, and start stirring once it started floating to prevent sticking together. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes or until translucent. Turn off heat and just let it soak for about 30 minutes more. Wash in running water and drain.