- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 8 pcs (large leaves) Cabbage
- 3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth/Stock (or water)
- ¾ cup Ground Pork (for filling)
- ¾ cup Chicken Meat (ground, for filling)
- ¾ cup Malagkit Rice (cooked, for filling)
- ¼ cup Onion, (chopped, for filling)
- 1 Egg (beaten, for filling)
- ¼ tsp odized Fine Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¾ tsp Sugar
- 1 pouch (200 grams) Tomato Sauce
1. Combine ingredients for filling with ¼ tsp iodized fine salt (or ¾ tsp iodized rock salt), ¾ tsp sugar and ¼ tsp pepper. Mix thoroughly. Wrap 2 tablespoons of meat mixture in cabbage leaves then secure with toothpick. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic. Add Tomato Sauce, chicken Broth and salt to taste. Allow to Simmer then add cabbage rolls. Simmer for 30 minutes or until cooked. Remove toothpick before serving.
Makes 8 servings