Chicken Longganisa Recipe
- 2 cups chicken breast, ground
- 3 Tbsp. carrots, grated
- 3 Tbsp. Mexican turnips (singkamas), grated
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (optional)
- 1-1/2 yards pork sausage casing
- 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- In a bowl mix the chicken breast, carrots, turnips, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper, vinegar, soy sauce and hot sauce.
- Refrigerate overnight. Then fill the casing with the meat mixture to desired length then tie ends with strings.
- Hang in a ventilated place for a few hours then freeze to store the chicken Longganisa.
- To cook it, in a deep skillet, put the Longganisa and pour half cup of water and 2 Tbsp. cooking oil.
- Prick each sausages with a fork to prevent the Longganisa from bursting.
- Cook it until the liquid dries up and starts to sizzle.
- Then fry the Longganisa until golden brown.
- Serve with sliced tomatoes.