HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TOCINO
- 1 kilo boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
1 Using paper towels, pat chicken thighs dry; set aside.
2 Mix together garlic, salt, ground pepper, brown sugar, pineapple juice, and soy sauce. Stir until well combined. Add in chicken thighs, one piece at a time. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
3 In a nonstick pan, fry chicken in oil. Drain on paper towels and slice into bite-size pieces. Serve with fried brown rice, sautéed onions, tomatoes, and scrambled eggs.
Tips to make sure you get the best tocino possible:
• Make sure to dry the chicken thighs before marinating. This allows the ingredients to be absorbed faster and with less contamination.
• Mix the marinade very well until it is uniform in color—it will translate to uniformly flavored meat.
• Let the mixture rest at room temperature for an hour. This allows the chicken to take in all the flavor from the marinade.
• Fry the tocino in a nonstick pan. This means that you can use less oil, making the dish a little less sinful. #Yummy