(Chicken with Pineapple and Coconut milk)
• 1 kg. Chicken
• 1 can Pineapple tidbits (432 gms.)
• 2 medium Carrots (sliced 1 inch thick)
• 4 medium Potatoes (quartered)
• 2 small Bell Pepper (red and green) cut into wedges
• 1 medium Onion, chopped
• 4 cloves Garlic, minced
• 3 tbsp. Fish Sauce or Patis
• 1 tbsp. Sugar
• 1/3 cup water
• 1 small can Evaporated milk/coconut milk
• Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Saute onion and garlic.
2. Add the chicken pieces and cook until slightly brown.
3. Stir in the fish sauce, sugar and the syrup from pineapple tidbits.
4. Add the potatoes, carrots and water and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Mix in the bell peppers, milk and pineapple tidbits and simmer until the chicken and potatoes are tender, and the sauce has thickened, for about 15-20 minutes.
6. Season with some salt and pepper to taste.
(Note : You could add quail eggs if you prefer).