This creme caramel recipe is the ultimate recipe you’re looking for. Smooth and creamy! So perfectly sweet. This creme caramel is baked using baine marie technique.
Baked creme caramel recipe is so much more. If you haven’t added this recipe to your menu, I dont know what to say anymore. This dessert is the real deal.
You may also try Creme Caramel steamed process here.
Creme Caramel Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk (fresh milk or evaporated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 150°C.
2. Add 3/4 cup sugar and 1 cup cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
3. Adjust and increase heat to high. Let it boil. Boil, without stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat. Set aside for 2 minutes to allow bubbles to subside. Pour sugar mixture into six 1 cup-capacity, ovenproof dishes. Set aside to set.
4. Add and mix cream, milk and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until small bubbles form at edge of pan. Remove from heat.
5. Beat eggs and remaining sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Gradually, add cream mixture, whisking continously. Strain mixture into a jug. Divide between small ramekins
6. Transfer ramekins in a large baking dish. Pour boiling water into baking dish until halfway up the sides of smaller ramekins. (baine marie)
7. Then, bake it for 30 minutes or until just set. Transfer baking dish into a wire rack. Remove ramekins from water. And let it cool. Transfer inside the refrigeratilor to chill overnight. Unmold each ramekins by running a thin knife around edge of each ramekins. Turn out onto 1cm-deep dessert cups. Serve and enjoy! Happy cooking!
Tip: Place a folded tea towel in baking dish before adding dishes and boiling water. This prevents over-cooking.
You may also try our newest recipe:
Thank you so much for dropping by! Show us some love and comment anything about this recipe or don’t forget to save us on your Pinterest.