Do you want to cook Crispy Fried Chicken ala Chicken Joy. Are you looking for an authentic tried and tested copycat recipe of the famous Jollibee Chicken Joy? You got it right here..
Fried Chicken ala Chicken Joy
1 ½ kilograms chicken pieces: drumsticks, wings, breasts, thighs, etc.
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp salt, divided
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 small lemons, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp five spice powder (ngohiong powder)
3 cups (or more) of canola oil for frying
*You can buy Ngohiong powder in any SM grocery and look for it in the condiment section.
1. Wash chicken pieces and pat dry.
2. In a large bowl, rub chicken with lemon juice, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, garlic powder, ngohiong powder. Mix well. Set aside and marinate for at least 30 minutes up to an hour.
3. After 30 minutes, crack eggs into bowl. Add flour and 1 teaspoon salt and mix until chicken is well coated.
4. Heat oil in a wok or heavy skillet over high heat until temperature reaches 190°C or 375°F. Reduce heat to medium. Use tongs or cooking chopsticks to lower chicken into the fat, one piece at a time.
5. Chicken should be completely immersed in oil and do not crowd the pan.
6. Fry chicken until golden brown and tender, turning the pieces, if necessary, so they brown evenly, about 10 to 15 minutes. When done, drain on paper towels. Use a slotted spoon or a wire mesh strainer to remove any debris from the oil then continue frying the rest of the chicken.
Serve hot with your delicious homemade gravy. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.