Ginataamg Labong with Shrimp or in english, Bamboo shoots stewed in Coconut Milk recipe. Creamy aromatic ginataang gulay ng tambo. This is so delicious when paired with lots of steamed hot rice. You just can’t resist it.
Best to go with inihaw na isda like Bangus or Grilled Milk Fish.
Ginataang Labong with Shrimp
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 1 can gata (coconut milk)
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, wash and antennas removed
- 1 pack dahon ng saluyot or jute leaves (may use dahon ng ampalaya, dahon ng sili or malunggay)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped small
- 2 tbsps. ginger, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsps. olive or any other type of cooking oil
- 2 tbsps. patis (fish sauce)
- 1 cup water
1. Boil bamboo shoots in a pot for 10 minutes. Drain in running cold water and strain. Set aside.
2. In a pan, cook the shrimps in 1 cup of water with 2 tbsps. cooking oil and 1 tsp. salt. Stir-fry until all sides of shrimps turn pink. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan, heat cooking oil and saute in order garlic, ginger and onions until light brown. Add patis (fish sauce) and stir.
4. Pour gata (coconut milk). Cover and bring to a boil.
5. Add cooked shrimps and bamboo shoots. Cover and simmer in medium low fire for 3 minutes.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add saluyot (jute) leaves and simmer in low fire for another minute.
Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
This recipe goes well with:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.