- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 1 can gata (coconut milk)
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, wash and antennas removed
- 1 pack dahon ng saluyot or jute leaves (may use dahon ng ampalaya or malunggay)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped small
- 2 tbsps. ginger, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsps. olive or any other type of cooking oil
- 2 tbsps. patis (fish sauce)
- 1 cup water
Boil bamboo shoots in a pot for 10 minutes. Drain in running cold water and strain. Set aside.
In a pan, cook the shrimps in 1 cup of water with 2 tbsps. cooking oil and 1 tsp. salt. Stir-fry until all sides of shrimps turn pink. Remove and set aside.
In the same pan, heat cooking oil and saute in order garlic, ginger and onions until light brown. Add patis (fish sauce) and stir.
Pour gata (coconut milk). Cover and bring to a boil.
Add cooked shrimps and bamboo shoots. Cover and simmer in medium low fire for 3 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add saluyot (jute) leaves and simmer in low fire for another minute.
Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
Join Us in Mama’s Guide Recipes Group
Click here to join –> https://fb.com/groups/1756269467988259/?fth=1
Disclaimer | We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. We have just found these over the web. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please feel free to let us know.