This is a Favorite lutong bahay among Filipinos, ground pork with potatoes, carrots, raisins in tomato sauce. Its one of the staple menu in different carinderias around the metro.
Giniling na Baboy with Quail Eggs
- 500 grams ground pork or beef
- 5 tbs tomato sauce or tomato paste
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion,chopped
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 large carrot, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional, I omit that
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 large potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dozen boiled quail eggs
1. Heat oil in pan over medium heat.Add garlic, then onions and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add ground pork and cook till the pink is gone from the meat.Add fish sauce and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add tomato and cook about 1 minute. Add the soy sauce, tomato sauce and stir well.
4. Add water, carrots,potatoes, red bell pepper, green peas. and stir well.
5. Cover and allow to simmer over low heat about 10 -12 minutes and top with boiled quail eggs.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.Serve immediately with steamed rice. Enjoy!