These Chicken and Spinach Sausage goes well also with other recipes like vegetable salad, pasta or soup. So yummy!
Shelf Life: Cook within 2-3 days or freeze for up ot 4 months. Happy cooking! Enjoy!
Yield: 8 sausage Links
Homemade Chicken and Spinach Sausage
- 4 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs (2 kg)
- 7 -10 ounces fresh spinach (1 bag)
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves
Notes: you can also add feta cheese for an add on cheesier take.
- De-bone chicken thighs, leave the fat on.
- Slice into 1″ cubes into a bowl.
- Mince garlic and add to the chicken.
- Add remaining spices.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl then refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Mince Spinach and combine with the other ingredients.
- Grind all the ingredients using a blender or food processor.
- Combine and mix the sausage using hand for a couple of minutes.
- Next, you can start putting the mixture into pork casings (you may use a funnel and stick to push it down). Tie and hang it to let it dry in the air for 1 hour.
- You can fry it or cook it to any pasta dish. Enjoy!