You can definitely make Sitsarong Baboy (Chicharon) or Homemade Pork Chicharon on your own using Pork Rind or Balat ng Baboy. I have provided two easy recipe. First is the short cut version and second is the traditional version or procedure. Perfect for Home Business venture.
Aside from Pork Chicharon, you may also try different varieties of Chicharon, like Carabao Skin (Chicharabao), including Chicken Buchi, Chicharon Isaw, Chicharon Bituka, Chicharon Bulaklak, Chicharon Laman, etc.
How to Make Pork Chicharon
1 kilo pork skin, cut into 1-inch squares (balat ng baboy)
3 cups water
1 tablespoon salt
enough vegetable oil, for deep frying
Combine all dipping ingredients
3 tablespoons vinegar
3 cloves crushed garlic, minced
1 chopped onion, minced
patis or salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Red chili pepper, minced
1. Boil the sliced pork skin/rind in water and salt for 30 minutes.
2. On an oven pan, spread the cooked pork rind and bake at 150°C (300°F) for 3 hrs.
Set aside and let cool.
3. Deep fry rinds in hot oil (use a deep pot with cover) over high heat until they puff up.
4. Dipping sauce: Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Cooking Notes: Traditionally, these pork skin or pork rinds are sun dried in high heat. But an oven can do the same trick of sun drying the pork.
Version 2: Sun Dried
The Secret to Making Crispy Chicharon
1 kilogram of pork skin
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoon vinegar
1. In a large pot, boil the pork skin in salt and vinegar with enough water until tender.
2. Let it cool after boiling and remove the fat portion on the skin.
3. Slice into squares.
4. Place it in a clean tray and dry it under the high heat of the sun until firm, dried and reddish brown in color. (Mukang makunat-kunat na sa tigas)
5. Deep-fry over high heat at 188°C.
6. Strain from oil once crackled and golden brown. Pack in plastic bags when cooled.