Wanna make your own Milktea? But please don’t use the ready made powders, they are not healthy I think. Why not make your own freshly made milk tea. All you need is just tea, milk, and pearls. As simple as that..Create your very own flavors at home and add some chocolate powder, or cream cheese, green tea, yogurt, ice cream, gelatine, cookies, oreos etc. Sky is your limit!
“Bubble tea, Boba Pearl Milktea or also known as Pearl milk tea is a Taiwanese tea-based drink shaken with fruit or milk, to which chewy tapioca balls or fruit jellies are often added.
The “bubble” refers to the foam created by shaking the tea, which itself is called “pàomò” tea, meaning “frothy/foamy” tea. Ice-blended versions are usually mixed with fruit or syrup, resulting in a slushy consistency.
There are many variants of the drinks, and many kinds of ingredients may be added. The most popular bubble drinks are Macao Milktea, Dakasi Milktea, I love Milktea among others.
Pearl Milktea Recipe
- 12 Black tea bags (or any tea you have at home)
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1.5 liters Water
- 1 package Tapioca pearls
- 5 cups Ice cubes
- Cook the tapioca pearls according to the directions on the package. (Or make your homemade black pearls, prior to making this recipe)
- Boil the water in a large pot and add all of the tea bags. Boil for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the sweetened condensed milk, adding a little at a time until you achieve the sweetness that you want. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add ice into the cocktail shaker and shake until fluid is slightly chilled and bubbly.
- Put the tapioca pearls in a tall glass and add the milk tea. Serve with a large straw. Enjoy!